Trying to install cassandra on linux from latest stable release - - 1.2.6
I have modified the cassndra.yaml to point to a custom directory instead of /var since I do not have write access on /var
I am seeing this error on startup. Not able to find any answers on google yet since the release seems relatively new. Just posting it here in case its a silly mistake on my side.
Same distribution file worked fine on my macos x86_64 machine.

INFO 19:24:35,513 Not using multi-threaded compactionjava.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExcept ion at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyLoader.loadNativeLibrary(S at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyLoader.load(SnappyLoader.j ava:229) at org.xerial.snappy.Snappy.( at create( at isAvailable( at ( at org.apache.cassandra.config.CFMetaData.(CFMetaData .java:82) at org.apache.cassandra.config.KSMetaData.systemKeysp ace( at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.loa dYaml( at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.(Da at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup ( at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activ ate( at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main( by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/ /usr/lib64/ version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /tmp/ at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source) at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source) at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyNativeLoader.load(SnappyNa ... 17 morePlease suggest what could be the issue. I will also add any more findings to this page as I discover anything new.
Looked at this so thread - cassandra 1.2 fails to init snappy in freebsd
However still see issue.
I have tried setting

internode_compression: noneHowever still see the same error in logs.

Check Solution